If you are Board Certified Ophthalmologist or Otolaryngologist
and you live within the 13 western states or British Columbia,
then you are eligible for membership in the Pacific Coast Oto-Ophthalmological
Practitioners who join the Society enjoy a number of opportunities
and benefits. The following is just a short list of the many advantages
that PCOOS members enjoy:
1. To learn practical and applied ENT and eye from formal presentations.
2. To make valuable contacts through informal discussions with
colleagues and course faculty members.
3. To earn CME credit (category 1) at an exceptionally reasonable
4. To provide the opportunity for productive interaction with
faculty and colleagues. The leisurely pace of the meeting allows
this interaction between the academic and clinical attendees on
both a professional and social level.
5. To develop referral patterns and contacts with physicians
within the region and specialty.
6. To enjoy the unique interaction with physicians in another
specialty with significant overlapping clinical interests and
7. To attend first class meetings in first class locations with
favorable room rates and events designed to accommodate the physician's
8. To attend regional meetings reduces time and expense with
emphasis on West Coast locations.
9. To provide the venue for the presentation of papers and clinical
experiences by submitting papers or by participating in discussions
held during the scientific sessions.